Underground at Longannet Mine at Kincardine Scotland. As far as I know it was the last photo taken underground in Scotland the mine closed in 29th March 2002.
- Auchengeich Disaster 1959 Caroline Chambers nee Somerville
- Ayrshire Pit Accident - Dailly, Seven Miles From Girvan
- Barony Colliery - Prince Charles Opens £1m Monument at Colliery - 2008
- Big Clean Up - BBC Scotland, 13 June 2015
- Blackcraig, Dumfries and Galloway - Lead Mining
- Blantyre, more than 200 killed in explosion - 22nd October 1877
- COAL MINES ACT OF 1911 cover all mines in the country as follows: (a) In Scotland, at Kilmarnock, Coatbridge and at the University of Heriot Watt. In order to comply with the regulations, there were . . .
- Coatbridge Mines Rescue Station
- Dalquharran Colliery, Dailly, Ayrshire
- Diglake Colliery Flooding 1895 wide range of money raising activities, including an England v Scotland football match at the Victoria Ground, a rugby union match, Elphinsons famous circus and the D' Ooyly Carte
- Disasters Bentley, Yorkshire 45 killed. 1931, November, Bowhill Colliery. Scotland. 10 killed. (explosion) 1932. 25th. January. Llwynypia (Scotch) Colliery, Glamorgan. 11 killed. (explosion).
- Disasters 2 The squads were joined by teams from Durham, Northumberland, Scotland, and Lancashire. At about midnight the RAF School for Police Dogs from Gloucestershire arrived. The dogs were
- Firth Of Forth - 'Major' Coal Find Under Firth of Forth - BBC News, Nov 2014
- Fraser Pit, West Calder, Lothian
- Geothermal Heating - Water from abandoned coal mines to provide up to 40% of Glasgow's heat
- Girvan, Ayrshire - The shipping of coal began from Girvan harbour in 1837
- Highhouse - Miners Voices - Proposed demolition of Highhouse No2 Winding gear and Winding Engine House at Auchinleck, Scotland - June 2015
- Lead Mining - Blackcraig, Dumfries and Galloway
- Littlemill Colliery, Ayr Ian Winstanley's Scrap Book.
- Longannet, A Pit Closing - Menu for miners in the country never mind the county. Longannet in Scotland is also closing after an inrush of 17 million gallons of water. They have been having problems for a long
- Mary Warner Pit Disaster in Fife, possibly Knockshinnoch Castle.
- Mining Memorials in Scotland - Jim Henry
- The Miners Struggle So thousands of miners from Scotland, the Northeast and Wales up-rooted and with their ... mining areas such as Scotland, Northumberland, Durham and South-Wales, unemployment was . .
- The Miners Struggle - Page 4 the determination of miners and their families, particularly in Scotland, the North East, Yorkshire, Wales and Kent resisted the forces against them, including the State, Police . . .
- People P7 Atherton. His wifes name was Margaret. Any information gratefully recieved. P.S I also believe he was buried in Fife, Scotland. Email Menu I was/am a miner Help Page Menu Page 6 Page.
- Rab Armour My Song Dedicated To Mines Rescue Workers, And My Dad
- Richard Syson P2 He then spent some time at a Bible School in Glasgow, Scotland in 1900. During May 14, 1895, he and a friend, sailed to South Africa where they spent three years near Johannesburg . . .
- Scottish miners jobs at risk due to cheap imports, industry warns - March 2013
- Sneyd Explosion 1942 aged 41 and her son aged 17. The family came from Scotland in response to an appeal to Scottish miners to come and work in the Staffordshire coalfield. Another victim of the same . . .
- Townhill, Dunfermline - Linda Cowan - We are in the process of creating Townhill Mining Heritage Garden in Townhill Park, Townhill, Dunfermline
- Water from abandoned coal mines to provide up to 40% of Glasgow's heat, Geothermal-Energy.
- What is New
- Flood Fears At Abandoned West Fife Opencast Mines 22 Sep 2013
- Cauldhall Opencast Coal Mine Given Green Light - 19 Nov 2013